An abandoned sentry tower, east of Eastmere. Ludcherry Tower was built by the Ruyami Empire in the year 304 to discourage overland attacks by Kherada forces coming from the coast. After the Kherada Crusades concluded, it was home to light garrisons on and off for several centuries, keeping watch for threats approaching Eastmere or the Eastmere Mithril Mine from the east. It was last used during the Anjai Confederation’s attempts to reclaim the Kingdom of Arden from 1050-1071.
The tower rises some 15m from the top of one of the larger hills in the area. It was originally outfitted to house 20 archers. After being abandoned during a heavy Kherada assault in 317, a trebuchet was installed on the roof of the tower and the standard garrison was revised to 15 archers and 5 engineers.